Stacy T Townend interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hello, I live in West Yorkshire with my wife of 25 years & our two grown up sons along with our cheeky little Westie Trixy.I spent many hours over the years coaching both of my sons footy teams & working as a school governor.My employment as a Recycling Officer keeps me busy thinking of new ideas & concepts to interact with residents. I have worked 21 years for my Local Authority in recycling & in Electoral Service where I hold qualifications in Electoral Law & Administration.


When did your love of books begin?

My love of books began at an early age Reading David Gemmel tales. Through my early youth I read all of Bernard Cornwells Sharpe novels then into adulthood I have read plenty of works from historical authors such as SA McKay, MJ Porter, EM Powell, Adam Lofthouse, CR May, Stuart Rudge & various other authors.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I don’t think I had a wish to become an author it was more by accident. I have spent many years supporting authors with AR & the odd Beta read & thorughly enjoyed it. I had a chance email chat with an author when they where working on ideas for a new series, I jotted some ideas down & was encouraged to have a go. It took nearly a year before I decided to start writing.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Initially I found the process easy, writing was no challenge. Then I hit the wall for a month when the story struggled to flow. I personally found the editing & proof reading the hardest part. I was lucky a couple of authors read a few chapters and provided feedback which helped me continue to structure the book.



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Anyone thinking of writing. I’d say check out writing forums/ blogs and look online for any free sessions on writing tips. You can also use SM platforms & post questions about writing. If your thinking about it go for it, even if you never publish I enjoyed the experience.


Tell us about your book/books:

My own debut book The Betrayal is set in a small village of Farndon sat upon a rock by the river Dee in the Mercian kingdom of King Offa.Eldrig the Thane if of Farndon is beset with attacking raiders and his Captain unable to deal with it.Eldrig seeks support from his King who provides a troop of warriors under the command of a young promising leader Oswi & his mentor Bern.Trouble & strife follow at Farndon. The king is attacked. Oswi must deal with it all death, kidnap, fighting, betrayal Oswi takes in the mantel of Lord to battle throughWho will betray himWill he succeedCan he surviveThe future of Farndon sits with Oswi & his companions.The Betrayal is my 1st book & I am currently writing my 2nd The Revenge which follows on with more of Oswi & Farndon.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I have found great support online with my writing from other authors willing to feedback & provide information, assistance and comments to assist me as I continue my writing journey and these are invaluable. I feel privileged that as an unknown author people have purchased my book & others have helped promote it I have even managed reviews from readers and that gives you a nice warm feeling.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

For those readers who have purchased my book I’d like to say Thanks each sale makes me smile and encourages me to continue with book 2 which I hope readers will also enjoy.


Where can people connect with you?

Readers can find me easily on FB, Twitter, Goodreads by my name Stacy Townend or on my blog bookreviewerstacytownend.Wordpress.comI am happy to connect with readers & other authors.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview