Verena Key interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW



A little introduction:

My name is Verena. I live in the German countryside, with my husband, children, and a cat. Our house is in a small village – there is a river nearby, remnants of a medieval fortress on the hill, vineyards, a huge forest… In other words, I don’t have to walk too far in search of inspiration. The downside of our rural habitat is the bad Internet connection, but you can’t have it all. I have a lot of hobbies, such as music, gardening, and beekeeping. And writing, of course, but I guess these days it is hardly a hobby anymore.



When did your love of books begin?

As soon as I learned how to read, which was when I was five.



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I started writing very early when I was still in school. I guess I’ve always wanted to write, and I wanted to entertain people with my stories. I love to create places and characters, to give them a voice and make them real. I love to get lost in the worlds I create, and I love to be able to take other people on that journey with me.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I used to find writing hard and exhausting, until, at some point, I realized it was not anymore. Probably because I’ve gathered enough life experience and had so many stories to tell that all it would take was to start and then the stories practically wrote themselves.



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

To think about what they want to write and why they want to write it. To follow their passion and be persistent. And to be prepared to invest a lot of work, which will not only be connected to writing, but also to getting your book into the hands of the right audience.



Tell us about your book/books:

I’ve written three romance books so far. Two, “Forest Magic” and “The Neighbor” are published, the third one “A-list Love” is scheduled to come out at the beginning of 2022. I write contemporary romance, rich in detail and focusing on character development. Most of the protagonists in my books are marked by tragic events in their lives and cope with them each in their own way. As a result, my first two books are heavy on drama, whereas my last one is a romantic comedy.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the support I’ve received from the members of my writing group and other fellow writers, such as discussion of ideas, feedback, writing tips, or proofreading. I also love all the constructive criticism and response I receive from my readers. I am especially glad when I get comments from people who enjoyed my book. It inspires me to continue writing and improving my skill.



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I hope you liked my book. Please consider leaving a review. ðŸ˜Š



Where can people connect with you?

My website is www.verenakey.com  There people can subscribe to my biweekly newsletter and find other information as well as some free reading material.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview