Sharon Lynn interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I was raised in Arizona, but it was living in England as a teenager, and every return trip since that inspired the setting of my first novel. As a professor of theater, film, and writing I coach and mentor aspiring artists. My short stories can be found in anthologies from Malice Domestic and Desert Sleuths. I am a member of the Mystery Writers of America, Sisters in Crime, The Blackbird Writers, and the Author’s Guild.


When did your love of books begin?

My grade school had a giant yearly book sale, and each grade competed to see who could collect the most books. For that competition, I gathered every book I could get my hands on from first grade to sixth grade. The reward was a fantastic, massive sale of books for 10 cents each, replenishing everything I’d donated.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I’ve always loved puzzles, and when I was young, I would make up mysteries behind every closed door. The first novel I wrote started out as a romance, but I couldn’t help dropping dead bodies everywhere. The stories spring to my mind, and I have to get them out.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I’ve learned several things, the most important of which is perseverance. You have to write, then rewrite, then find an editor, and rewrite a whole lot more. Then, go through round after round of rejection from agents and publishers until the right match finally happens. When it does happen,it’s magic!


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Write! One thing is certain: if you don’t write, you’ll never be an author. So get those stories out and start asking for feedback. You will need an editor - everyone does! And read. Authors are readers, and you learn a lot when you analyze a book.


Tell us about your book/books:

DEATH TAKES A BATH: Book 1 in the Cotswold Crimes Mystery Series In this series debut, a college sophomore discovers a severed human ear on her doorstep while on an international internship in England. She must solve its meaning before she becomes the next victim or, worse, gets deported.When Maddie McGuire gets an archeology internship at the Roman Baths in England, she assumes everything will go her way. After all, it always has. But her first week turns from a princess fairytale into a nightmare when a human ear lands on her doorstep. The only bonus of the ordeal is meeting young constable Edward Bailey. Their budding friendship is a source of comfort, except when rules get in the way.Amazon order:amzn.to/3hKFdly



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The best people! Like a lot of authors, I’m an introvert. But once I started going to conferences and book signings I started making fantastic friends. The writing community is full of supportive colleagues who go out of their way to help you succeed. Like you, Fraser!


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Enjoy! If one series isn’t for you as a reader, try another. There are so many authors and books out there, find what you love and enjoy it. One of the best ways to support a writer is to leave a five-star review on sites like Amazon, Bookbub, and Goodreads.


Where can people connect with you?

My handle on Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest is @sharonlwrites.

Direct Links: https://www.facebook.com/sharonlwrites & https://www.sharonlwrites.comDEATH TAKES A BATH: amzn.to/3hKFdly


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview