Miranda Maples interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

My parents always read to me when I was little, and this fostered a love of books that has stayed with me all my life. I just always loved to escape into a good book.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

When I was in middle school I wrote my first short story, and I loved the reaction of the people who read the story. I realized then that I wanted to entertain and move people with my stories.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's been wild. It's one of the most difficult things I have ever done. The rejections are obviously the hardest part, and it takes a determination and belief in yourself and your work to keep moving forward. I compare it to finding the right partner; you go through a lot of emotional turmoil, and then the stars align, and boom, there you finally find the person who loves your book. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Don't give up. Keep writing and sending out your work. If people try to tell you it's never going to happen, don't listen to them. 


Tell us about your book/books:

My debut novel The Dead Born is about a traumatized novelist with supernatural abilities who tries to solve her childhood friend’s murder. Jacey Forestar returns to her hometown of Poplar Hill to pay her respects. Jacey decides to use her psychic gifts to find out who murdered her friend. Moving back into the gloomy old house where she grew up, she is haunted by visions of her long-dead family members, and a demonic entity roaming the dark halls. Jacey must conquer her trauma and harness her dark gifts to defeat the demonic forces and save her own soul.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love that it's such a supportive circle of writers and readers. It's inspiring to be included in the community because not only do we support and encourage each other, but there is an unspoken camaraderie that is really beautiful. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for reading my book! I hope it entertains and moves you. I would also say that building relationships with my readers is the most important thing to me as an author.


Where can people connect with you?

Connect with me on Twitter @Miranda_Maples1, or on Instagram @MissMirandaMaples. You can also visit my website, MirandaMaples.com where I blog about writing, books, and movies.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview