Eva Horner interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

My love of books is from childhood on. Many small books I have memorized, after reading them myself many times, and shared those with my children. My daughter does it now for her children. She knows, exactly, all of the book before re-telling it. You have to make them love books before they grab your phone for gaming!


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Just 2 years ago! I realized there are still some characters in me that are not yet out of the box. I studied colour therapy for many years and practiced it, also. The colours of your soul reflect your inner treasure, for instance. Turquise and dark blue. The creativity of turquoise I lived already, an expectation of my style. But the dark blue, which is about speaking or writing, was jailed in my subconsciousness until 2 years ago. It broke out, living and admiring nature in East Africa. In Thailand it opened completely. Writing became my first thought when I woke up in the morning. I created symbols from flowers, wood, shells — whatever found me that morning — and wrote a small snippet to go with them.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Snippet writing became a habit. And the stories got longer! Though they were still just short stories written on my phone. As a pharmacist I couldn't read my own writing. A bad characteristic of doctors.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

To those who want to do it? Just do it. My teacher here on Koh Phangan island, Thailand, where I live now, encouraged everyone in our weekly writers group just by saying, You write… so you are already a writer. After a year, I introduced myself as a writer. I could feel it.


Tell us about your book/books:

My book, Adjust the Crown, is a homage to love. 43 stories, sometimes a bit naughty, I describe a woman, not 20 any more, looking for love. Her imaginary flower crown, what every woman has when she is born, is a reflection of the colours of her soul. It shifts, from bad or good experiences; achievements, ignorance or being hurt. With much humour I describe how this woman goes through love affairs in Africa, Europe and Thailand. The crown was shifted many times, but after a short time of grieving she got up again, adjusted the crown, ready for the next adventure in her love search. She never gave up believing in love, especially in the love for herself.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

When I am in the writing community I feel at home, welcomed. Like meeting friends. Diving for a short time into another world.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would say, Read it, laugh out loud, enjoy the ride and learn your lessons.


Where can people connect with you?

People can connect with me via Twitter @IncredibleEva69, Facebook, or even WhatsApp. I am not good with computers but they will find me!

Adjust the Crown is available on Amazon: https://mybook.to/AdjustTheCrown


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview