Emiliano Trujillo interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Emiliano Trujillo, I’m the author of Steel City Nightmares. I’m a Colorado native who grew up in Pueblo, Co and the setting for my book. I’m a husband and father of 2 boys. 


When did your love of books begin?

I don’t remember life without books, both of my parents made it a point to have a bookshelf in every room, including mine and my sister’s. We would also take frequent trips to the library and check out stacks of books, my favorite being about dinosaurs. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I’ve loved writing since I was in middle school, but decided it was my dream only a couple years ago.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Trail and error! I never felt like giving up, but I have been hard on myself to meet personal deadlines and productivity goals. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Embrace that impostor syndrome, write and keep writing. You have a story in you that needs to come out. Learn to love and nurture your progress, if I could do it, you could do it.


Tell us about your book/books:

My current published book is Steel City Nightmares, a collection of short stories based in and around my hometown. Each story has local lore and history, the collection itself tells a bigger story that culminates in the end. My hometown of Pueblo Colorado is unique and I have captured this uniqueness in each story. If you enjoy cryptids, ghosts, and small town drama, you’ll love Steel City Nightmares!

From Steel City Nightmares, I’m currently working on a prequel about one of the characters from Antonito Colorado. A young Vaquero who previously killed a mythical Thunderbird, is recruited to solve why cattle on a California ranch are getting killed. He travels far from home just to almost get killed by flying creatures. He is rescued by a Vietnam vet from Mexicali. The two launch a successful counter attack and soon are famed hunters of cryptic creatures throughout The United States and Mexicali. 

My other projects are notebooks, The practical guide to self defense, a book of fatherly advice, a vagrant survival guide (urban survival and extreme entrepreneurship). I’d also like to write an autobiography on my crazy life being raised by a career criminal and how I narrowly avoided prison and a life of crime. 



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The literary community has been the most supportive group of people I have ever met! Very constructive and helpful, unlike other groups I’ve been in, there is little to no jealously! 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I hope you enjoy reading my work as much as I enjoyed writing it. 


Where can people connect with you?

Facebook- Steel City Nightmares (facebook.com)

Amazon - https://t.co/WsI1minO26

Twitter – emiliano_author

Tictok- etru _author


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown