Jon Hurd interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

Early. We all read above grade level from 4 years old. Loved collections from school and mom constantly supplied us with books. And tons of Archie comics.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Actually I consider myself a writer not an author. Maybe that’s silly but I don’t write fiction. I wanted to be a writer around 4 years ago.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Becoming one is easy. Becoming one with readership is tough. You constantly evaluate and judge what’s good, popular and relevant. And rewrites are as necessary as anything. I hate repeating myself or copying content.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Commit to the page. Write and see what you’ve got. Get feedback. People will usually tell you the truth.


Tell us about your book/books:

My book, “Jesus Farted and Other Uncomfortable Thoughts” is a collection of essays, paragraphs and proverbs on life, people, faith and work. A sometimes humorous and always heartfelt look at everyday life.Book 2, “Hot Dogs on Pizza” is more of the same. And coming soon.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Their openness. Their willingness to share and promote. The solidarity in cheering for others success.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Please give me feedback. I want to know what you like and don’t. And thanks for taking a chance on me.


Where can people connect with you?

Instagram at @oljonnyhurd, Facebook as Jon Hurd, Twitter as @Jonhurd13


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview