Cassandra Aston interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi, I'm Cassandra Aston and I'm publishing my first book in February 2023. Actively in final round edits now and outlining books two and three. I hope to have the entire trilogy completed in 2024.


When did your love of books begin?

I fell in love with reading the summer we took our annual family trip to Minnesota and I brought The Mists of Avalon, by Marion Zimmer Bradley with me. It was 876 pages of fantastical world building and I was forever hooked. I was around 11 or 12.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

As soon as I loved reading books, I loved writing them. In middle school, I used to write my own version of Goosebumps books and give them to the people who were my main characters, friends of course. I've tried a few times in my life to finish and publish, but life always got in the way. I finally committed to finishing and publishing in 2022 and it has been a wonderful journey!


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The writing was great, I loved it. Editing is terrible. I would pay millions of dollars to someone if I could hand off my rough draft and have them finish it! Marketing feels like a job in itself. It's hard balancing doing what I love, writing, with getting the word out.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would say do it! I hate all the negative feedback everyone has out there. Nothing is easy, that includes writing. If you love writing and want to share it with others, do it! Who cares what comes of it? As long as you enjoyed the journey.


Tell us about your book/books:

Grave Secrets is the first in a trilogy series, Prophecies of Angels and Demons, and stars Allie Graves, a reash who has traded her life in exchange for six years of service to the angels. We join her on her journey just as her six years are coming to an end. As she prepares to step back into the life of a normal human, she learns that her family's history is shrouded in mystery and that she is at the center of it. You can also read the first 13 chapters for free on wattpad at: https://www.wattpad.com/story/327522928-grave-secrets-book-1-of-the-prophecies-of-angels 





What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how supportive fellow authors are of one another. Readers are of course half the reason we do it, but most of my fellow authors read more than they write and have a better appreciation for everything that goes into writing a book.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

This project has been a labor of love and I hope that you fall in love with my characters, dream about them, ask yourself what they might do in a specific situation, and come to think of them as the friends you never knew you needed, the way I have.


Where can people connect with you?

You can always join my mailing list by subscribing for updates on my website at: https://www.cassandradaston.com/contact
Other places to find me:
Twitter - @CassandraDAston


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview