Nick Oliveri interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hey! I'm Nick Oliveri, an independent author and founder of a non-profit dedicated to financially supporting independent authors on their journey through publishing and promotion. I was a startup co-founder before I started writing novels seriously, and eventually published the Kirkus-recommended work, The Conjurer, in early December of 2021. I feel like I write because I have to, and I love supporting those of my own, in kin or in the craft. 


When did your love of books begin?

I have always wanted to be an author because I have always been fascinated with books. Ever since a kid, I've always marveled at the amazing feat it takes to assemble a novel. Once I transitioned out of my startup, I decided writing would be my bastion for empathy, my escape from reality, and my vehicle for all things good and skillful. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Becoming an author (I'm self-published) is a long road if you want to do it right. But I have found it rewarding and incredible once the book is finally assembled and in your hands. There's truly nothing like it if you are willing to put in the time and money. Unfortunately, not every aspiring author can pay for editing, publishing, and design costs associated with producing a good book, and so that's what my non-profit helps out with. It is called TIV CORP, and you can learn more about applying at nickoliveri.writes@gmail.com


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

For those wanting to become an author, there is only one question that matters to me and should matter to you: Why? Why do you want to become an author? Your "Why" should carry you through all the trials that will be thrown your way. 


Tell us about your book/books:

I have 5 novels published, all of varying genres. I publish under my name, Nick Oliveri, and I just released an audiobook for my debut, The Conjurer. There is so much to say about why and how I write, but ultimately, it comes down to what is in my heart and head that comes out onto the page, mixed in with a drive to improve always. Learn more about each on amazon, their main marketplace. https://www.amazon.com/stores/Nick-Oliveri/author/B09NLBSHV5?ref=ap_rdr&store_ref=ap_rdr&isDramIntegrated=true&shoppingPortalEnabled=true 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Writers and readers, and the community have a fervor for life and emotion like no other. They are passionate and fervent in their beliefs. I wish everyone did well and sold out of their stock. This isn't the case, but I'm trying hard to make it so. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

If I could say anything to my readers, it would be this: I love you. I want you to be well. 


Where can people connect with you?

Look me up on Twitter and Amazon--just type in my name: Nick Oliveri
email me for details about getting money as an author: nickoliveri.writes@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview