Joshua David Bellin interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I'm Joshua David Bellin (Josh to friends), and I write science fiction and fantasy.


When did your love of books begin?

I remember the first book I read independently. I was in first grade, and the book was about a rabbit named Marshmallow. I haven't stopped reading since then (except to eat and sleep).


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I wrote my first book at age five. It was a book about monsters, and my dad had to help me spell a lot of the words. But I drew all of the pictures!


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I didn't publish my first novel until I was in my forties, so I guess I had a long apprenticeship. But I think every writer follows a unique path, and mine just took a little longer than some people's.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would tell them to write for the love of writing, not because they want to get rich and famous. Most writers don't become rich and famous, so love has to be the first and most important reason.


Tell us about your book/books:

I've written two sci-fi series, both of them suitable for teens (though adults enjoy them too). In the Survival Colony 9 books, the world has become a wasteland infested by body-snatching monsters. In the Ecosystem books, Nature has become sentient and has driven humankind to the brink of extinction. I'm also preparing for the May 2023 publication of my adult time travel thriller Myriad, about a law enforcement agent who travels into the past to stop murders before they're committed.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how supportive people are and how easy it is to make friends. Writing is very solitary when it's just you and your laptop, but readers and fellow writers make you feel welcome and valued.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

The only thing I can say to my readers is: thank you. This might sound like a cliche, but I'm truly honored and humbled that you've chosen to read my stories.


Where can people connect with you?

Readers can find me on Twitter @JoshuaDBellin and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/joshuadavidbellin. For news, updates, and special offers, they can also subscribe to my monthly e-newsletter at https://joshuadavidbellin.blogspot.com/p/contact.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview