Gill James interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW



When did your love of books begin?

I loved books even before I could read.  We had a few at home and I cherished them.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

It was there for most of my life but I finally started doing something about it in 1988, when I was 37. I started writing stories for my own children when we ran out of material for bedtimes stories when we were on holiday in Spain.  Some odd things were happing so I wove them into a middle grade fantasy story.  I then went on to write for children and young adults.    


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I am so content now with writing and reading that everything else becomes slightly thread bare. There were lots of rejections  - and I still get them – but gradually the acceptances started to pile up.  


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Go for it.  Don't give up.  It will happen if you persevere. But it is a big IF. 


Tell us about your book/books:

I am  now coming to the end of writing a series of SF YA books – The Peace Child series.   I’m coming to the end of another series as well – all set in Nazi German World War II and touching on the Holocaust.  One of the stories has migrated partly to Wales. Although this has young adults in it I would describe it more as about feisty women. The latter stated with a wonderful resource : letters young German women had written to each other during the war. I write a lot of short stories too, often of a speculative nature. After I’ve finished my two series.  I’ m moving on to some more historical fiction about feisty women.    







What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love being so involved with story and story makers.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would like to thank my readers for reading and sticking with me.


Where can people connect with you?

People can find me in the following places:
 

http://www.gilljameswriter.com  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B001KMQRKE

https://twitter.com/GillJames

https://www.facebook.com/gilljameswriter 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview