Daisy Blacklock interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi, my name is Daisy Blacklock, and I’m a young writer and poet. I was a commended poet in the Foyle Young Poets Of The Year Award 2022, and have been published by places such as Secret Attic and Metastellar. Right now, I’m working on reviewing and giving free feedback on pieces of writing to post on my website, as well as working on my first novel (a dystopian one!).


When did your love of books begin?

I’ve loved books for as long as I can remember.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I’ve always loved writing and I went to creative writing club at school in Year 3, where we entered the 500 word competition and I think that’s what started my dream. Then I didn’t do any writing again until Year 7 dismissing the idea of becoming an author because I didn’t think it was really possible. When I was in Year 7, a teacher encouraged me to enter the Scottish Book Trust Monthly 50 Word Fiction Competition which reminded me how much I loved writing, and that if I really wanted to be an author I could! I just need to work hard and it will come true one day. I haven’t stopped writing since!


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Being unknown can be hard especially when you receive rejection upon rejection at first, but as you write more you improve. Yes, you still get rejections but if you keep writing, you keep improving. A thing I love about writing is that you can improve no matter what level you are at – even the famous bestsellers still have improvement! I loved every second of my journey!


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Don’t give up! Only write for you – you’re never going to please everyone so write what you want! Just do it – that book isn’t going to write itself!


Tell us about your book/books:

Currently, I don’t have any books out, but I am working on a dystopian novel! I hope to start querying about it towards the end of 2023/ early 2024. At the minute, I’m focusing on my reviewing website, where I am offering free feedback and reviews for any piece of writing from anyone.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how welcoming and supportive everyone is – they all know how hard it is to get your work out there. The writing community on Twitter is amazing! It helps you feel like you are not alone on your journey.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thankyou!!!!! I wouldn’t be here without you.


Where can people connect with you?

Contact me via my website or Twitter.

Find me on Twitter here: @daisy_blacklock

Or see my website here: Home | Daisy Blacklock (jimdosite.com)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview