Book review - Red Marks by Glenn McGoldrick

Book - Red Marks

Author - Glenn McGoldrick

Rating - 

Review:

Michael finds a handbag on the bus, goes to the job centre, has dinner with his parents and smokes some cigarettes outside of the woman whose handbag he found.

As you can potentially tell already from the start of my review, this wasn't really for me.  The writing itself has nothing wrong with it but the story has no depth and for me when it begins with a weak premise and is not able to develop anything further then it leaves it feeling much too flat.  This is a short story but for me I would want to see some additional descriptiveness to add the depth, for example the bus could be described as 'the smoke spewing, grime covered bus' which at least gives a feel to the setting and would help to draw the reader into being able to visualise the words a bit more.

I will potentially try something else from the author but this story was simply not for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview