B. Lee interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi! I'm B. Lee. Just call me b, a nickname from childhood. Born and raised in Utah. Residing part time in Utah and Indiana. I have a love of learning, animals, and family, both made and found! I'm a survivor of childhood & adult traumas. Hoping to heal and promote conversations for anyone who needs it. I'm hoping my poetry and stories reach those who need them. 


When did your love of books begin?

My love began with my grandma reading nighttime stories to me. I also remember being told made up stories on the spot.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Since I was maybe 5. My grandfather and aunt Sue would play rhyming games. Then it went to made up stories, one part by me, one part by my grandparents. My parents, bless them, had to contend with me making up my own words, and me expecting them to just know my definition. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I just started, and self-publishing is an experience. I deal with some chronic health issues, so being actively promoting, it's been a struggle. But I'm doing it on my own, in truth, that makes me okay with how I've done. Even feeling grateful for the process, because I'm feeling more creative, I'm learning more, and I'm feeling I'm being more true to myself. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would say... do it! Even if the money is tight, just get it written and published. You'll have to pay for an author's copy, but you are the only one who can tell your story, or your words in a poem. We all see things differently, but we can learn from those differences. Seeing the world from another perspective can be beautiful, and it can be dark. 


Tell us about your book/books:

Maybe You've Felt This Way is a book of poems that I published in September 2022. Love, fun, hate, envy, some say suicidal, family, nature..... basically, a poem for everyone, I hope. 😊 I will most likely put out another poetry book, with poems across the board. However, in the meantime, I'm currently writing two children's books. One will include pictures (will be searching for an illustrator), and preteen with no illustrations, or possibly very little, with follow-up books in the series. A new poetry book could be out as soon as February 2023. I am pushing for a 2023 release of my children's book.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how kind everyone has been. I've received a lot of free advice that has helped me a lot. It's been really beautiful, and super sweet people so far!


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Let me know which poem speaks to you. If you would like a poem about a certain subject, please keep it civil, let me know. Oh, and just to fangirl for a minute, if @LoudenSwain or @Jasonmans reads this, I'd love to hear one of my poems in song either or both of you!.


Where can people connect with you?

FB: B. Lee Writer
IG: B.lee_writer 
Twitter: @bleewriter1 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview