Eliza J. Scott interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name’s Eliza J Scott. I’m an indie author and write women’s fiction with a generous dash of romance. I hail from North Yorkshire and my books are inspired by the moors and the coast there, both of which have stunning scenery I could never tire of – there’s nothing like a bracing walk along one of the beaches or the blustery moortop for a spot of plot-wrangling! 


When did your love of books begin?

It was when I first realised I could read. What a wonderful feeling it was to actually recognise all of the words in a sentence, then another and another and be transported to all of these wonderful places as a result! Pure magic! I’ve been a bookworm ever since and never go anywhere without a book or my Kindle – you never know when the opportunity will arise to sneak a quick read.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

It was when I was about six or seven years old. It was the first job I can remember ever wanting to do. I used to make my own little books and fill them with stories and drawings.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It’s been a huge learning curve, and it can be hard work when you’ve got a deadline looming, but I love it and can’t imagine doing anything else. When I first started writing I didn’t realise just how big a role social media played in an author’s life, so a working day is taken up with not just writing, but also posting on the various platforms. The online book community is so friendly and supportive, and I’ve met some wonderful people there who have now become friends. Also, being an indie author, you have to be a publisher too which is a little daunting at first, but it gets easier with each book.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I’d say stick at it. Read lots of books in the genre you’re keen to write in. Write a little every day. Write in a style that feels comfortable - don’t try to ‘be’ anyone else; you’ll soon find your voice. For those writers who are going down the self-published route, when your manuscript’s finished, find yourself an editor and a book cover designer. Then you’re good to go!


Tell us about your book/books:

All of my novels are set in beautiful North Yorkshire. As I mentioned above, I write women’s fiction with romance and, as some of them touch on serious topics, I like to add a hint of humour, just to stop things from getting too heavy. My books are regularly described as cosy and heartwarming. I like to write stories with a strong thread of female friendship running through them, and all of my novels will have a happy ending.

I currently have three different series running:

Life on the Moors


Heartshaped


Welcome to Micklewick Bay


My latest book is from the Life on the Moors series and is called A Cosy Christmas with the Village Vet.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

It’s brimming with so many kind-hearted people who I’ve found to be friendly, welcoming and supportive. It’s also a great place to find new authors.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Oh, my goodness, it would be the biggest, most heartfelt thank you! I have the most wonderful readers and feel so lucky. I’m thrilled and humbled in equal measure when they take the trouble to get in touch with their kind words.


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter: @ElizaJScott1

Instagram: @elizajscott

Facebook: @elizajscottauthor

All of my books are available on Amazon and can be found right here:

Amazon author page UK: amazon.co.uk/~/e/B07DMQWPMH

Amazon author page US: amazon.com/~/e/B07DMQWPMH


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview