Deanne Adams interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I’m Deanne, I live in South Wales, and I write historical fiction.


When did your love of books begin?

I can’t remember not having books at the centre of my life. When I was very small I read story after story and imagined myself in them – what I would say, what I would do, what I would feel. I went on adventures with The Famous Five. I was terrified along with Sophie when the BFG’s hand came in through her dormitory window.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I started writing young, though I didn’t seriously consider becoming an author until about ten years ago.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Like many starting out, I thought at first it was a simple case of writing down a story the best I could and getting it out there. Gradually, I learned there were things I didn’t know about the fiction writing process. The more I learned, the more I realised there were yet more things I didn’t know!


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Just start. Don’t wait for a perfect idea to occur to you. Don’t wait until you’re ready. You’re never ready. Your ideas and your capacity for making the most of them get better the more you write.


Tell us about your book/books:

The Heretic’s Servant is a Tudor-era historical thriller.

England in 1578 is a dangerous time. Molly and her beloved mistress Kate walk the narrow path between faith and loyalty. But the world is not divided into heroes and villains, and evil can wear a pious face. Molly must navigate a world dominated by men and religion to protect those she loves.

I have always been fascinated by the Tudor period with its huge potential for danger. In my novel I am particularly interested in how those dangers can affect ordinary people – those living outside the world of Court intrigue.




What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the shared excitement about the lives and characters of entirely fictional people! 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would love to say ‘thank you’ to all those who read and enjoy my work, and also that a share on social media platforms, a review, or even a mention of my book over a coffee with a friend goes a very long way!


Where can people connect with you?

https://www.facebook.com/deanneadamsauthor

https://www.instagram.com/deanneadamsauthor/

https://twitter.com/iamdeanneadams


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown