Sarah Drury interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

About 3 years ago when I started writing poetry.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It has been a steep learning curve. I am currently studying for a Master’s degree in creative writing, poetry being my main genre. This has brought my writing on no end, and I am collating poetry over the coming year with a view to publishing a new book.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Really have clear ideas about what you want to achieve. Keep a notebook. Write down everything…interesting characters you meet, interesting places, happenings, snippets of conversation, words. Everything…it is all inspiration.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have one self published poetry book called Glimpses which is available on Amazon. It is a collection of intimate and heartfelt poetry on love, motherhood, autism and being a woman. I am currently working on a collection of poetry about what it is to be a woman. 
Glimpses is available at: 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Connecting with other authors, sharing ideas, feeling supported and heard. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

It would be that I hope my poetry touches you, and reaches a part of you that can empathise and feel the words and emotion behind them. 


Where can people connect with you?

Instagram: @sarahdrury_poetry
Twitter: @sloudrury


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview