Pamela Topjian interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I'm Pamela Topjian, former nurse, certified hypnotherapist, published author, living in Northern California. Happily married, mother of two adult children.


When did your love of books begin?

As a young child I always read and loved being read to. About six is the first I remember writing little books with folded paper. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I was writing my memoir for me as a form of therapy. Only the last couple years before it was complete, about 2-3 years into writing it did I start to seriously consider publishing. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

More frustrating and more rewarding than I could have imagined. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Don't be in a rush. Don't write for others, write for yourself first. Just get it out, and try not to edit along the way. Also even if self publishing, hire an editor. 


Tell us about your book/books:

At this point I have one book published, "I Didn't Come This Far To Only Come THIS Far" this is my memoir. found on Amazon and kindle. (easy way to find it is by putting my name in the Amazon search)  A book of overcoming adverse childhood experiences, trauma in childhood that lead to more trauma in adulthood, until a total breakdown, which finally led to a healing journey, including the writing of my memoir - to not only surviving and living life, but loving my life. Which I, myself ,am still amazed every day. 
I'm also in the process of writing a second book about my experience writing my memoir. 
I have some hard cover journals that have my own artwork on the covers, they're also available on Amazon and will come up with the search for my name. 



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Very supportive and willing to help each other. No judgement about what genre, or number of books out, or how you chose to publish. I haven't seen any of that. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you to those who have read my book. I hope you found it inspiring. I want to tell those who maybe are thinking of reading it or started, please read the intro and the trigger warnings. It's a hard read, I am one of many who have been through similar situations, but (obviously) it does get better, eventually. Know that if you are going through anything similar that I have gone through, there is nothing special about me, if I can get through it and go on to love my life, so can you. 


Where can people connect with you?

Linktree/PamelaTopjian 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview