Kage interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I believe my love of books began when I was about 5 or 6. The first series I ever read was "Magic Tree House" by Mary Pope Osborne. I loved how she made me want to build a treehouse myself and pretend that it was magical. Unfortunately, I never had a chance to build a treehouse but I did build plenty of pillow forts that I pretended were magical. Those moments are some of my most fond memories. But those books weren't the reason why I wanted to become an author.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

The reason why I wanted to become an author was because of my favorite tv show at the time called, Beyblade. The show had hinted that one of my favorite characters, Ryuga, had died at the end of the series. I was incredibly sad about his death and just couldn't accept that he was gone. So one day I got tired of crying and decided that I would change his fate. I picked up a notepad and began to write a different story about him. In my story he was still dead but I created a little brother for him, who was working to bring him back to life. It was so much fun to write and when I was writing I came to the realization just how powerful books are. Books are capable of creating new realities for us when we can't accept the one we live in. They allow us to escape to a world that we only ever see in your dreams. They bring your desires and thoughts to life which is a hard thing to do. 
As I wrote more and more, it dawned on me how difficult it is to bring order to chaos. Trying to become an author means that you have to bring your thoughts to life in a way that is understandable. It doesn't have to be understandable to others, only yourself. But even authors don't always understand their work.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It is one of the hardest yet most rewarding careers to pursue which is why I chose it. I don't care for the rejections and the judgements I know I'll get. I only care about understanding my own thoughts and desires. For me, being an author is about gaining a sense of enlightenment by going on a journey through your own mind.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If I would give advice to anyone wanting to become an author I would say that writing, in its purest form, is telling your dream to someone else. Don't worry about if the grammar is correct or if you're using too many words. Don't compare yourself to other authors who are bestsellers. The reason they are bestsellers isn't because they're the best at writing. They're bestsellers because they simply followed their dream and wrote about what they experienced. That's all being an author is about. Talking about the experience of the journey and sharing it with others. That's actually what I'm doing for the novel I'm working on.


Tell us about your book/books:

A quick description about it: The Werewolf Faction is in the middle of a Civil War, and the only one capable of stopping it and bringing peace is Nyco Kye. The long-lost Alpha heir to the Werewolf Faction, who many believed perished alongside his murdered parents years ago. I don't know how the story will go or what will really happen. I know a few things but they may or may not change as I get further into the story. I just have to write and see where my dream takes me. Then all I have to do is share it with others. Hopefully, they'll love it as much as I will.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The writing and reading communities are always helping each other so I'm sure there'll be a couple of people who'll love it.  That's what I love about them. It feels like one giant family who always supports each other and looks out for each other. It's something I've always wanted and I love it. They'll always interact with you and offer advice and someone is always there for you whenever you need them. I am proud to be part of such a community and I hope I can have a community like that with my own readers. I want them to feel like they know me through my writing and feel as if they can trust me.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I want to thank them for their trust in me and their support. Without them I wouldn't have any to tell my dream to and I wouldn't have anyone to share their experience with. So thank you to my current and future readers.


Where can people connect with you?

If anyone wants to get in contact with me, they can contact me at: thewriterkage@gmail.com or on twitter: @thewriterkage. I don't currently have a website but I do have a patreon: https://www.patreon.com/thewriterkage. The current story I'm writing will be updated on there and eventually it's ebook will be uploaded there. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview