J L Meredith interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW



A little introduction:

I'm Lance Meredith, my pen name is JL Meredith. I live in the small rural community of Chatham-Kent in Ontario, Canada. I've worn a lot of hats from political aide to factory worker, all of them have assisted me in creating and developing characters from all walks of life.


When did your love of books begin?

My parents read to me from an early age. I had a stack of Little Golden Books for Children and my dad would buy me comic books at the variety store when I went with him to buy bread. Reading to your children is a good practice, it associates books with love.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I began writing for fun when I was fifteen. I loved it, I wrote for fun all through high school.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

A lot of bloody hard work! The learning curve has been steep. That being said, the work has been worth it.  When you tell yourself you get to write, it shifts your perspective.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Like anything where your desire is to achieve excellence, a lot of it comes down to hard work, and the discipline to keep going even when you do not feel like it.


Tell us about your book/books:

Nobel laureate Toni Morrison said “If there’s a book that you want to read and can’t find, then you must write it.” That’s what I did. Guardian, Into the Light of Day begins with a benevolent entity saving one life. Eight Hundred years later, that entity, a killer asteroid, and a kid with a cell phone change the world forever.

The novel is a fun, light, superhero story for adults with cinematic battles, witty banter, and a flirty romance. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Writing can be a lonely life, you sit down at the keyboard and bleed out a book, the mutual support is very much appreciated.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would like to thank them for their support and kind words and to tell them that there are more adventures on the way.


Where can people connect with you?

My homepage is: JLMeredith.com

My twitter profile can be found at: https://twitter.com/JLM_Writes

My Facebook Page is: https://www.facebook.com/JLMWrites


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview