Tasha Brown interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Tasha Brown, I live in Somerset and I have a series out called Between Realms, the first book for this is called I Never Left.


When did your love of books begin?

My love of books came at a very early age, I had a typewriter and before I attended primary school enjoyed writing little stories which my mom still has in an album.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I began wanting to write books when I was at school, then possibly around the age of eleven, I did a lot of creative writing courses and research on writing books.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process has been quite a rollercoaster to be honest, before I married I did submit to a number of agents and publishers. Where in, many never even bother to reply, a few did and were very polite and encouraging but no one was in a position to accept me. I did another creative writing course at a local university and it was here the suggestion of, choosing a traditional publisher verses self publication came up and pursuing the independent author route was positively suggested. Being able to retain a lot of the decisions myself did help my confidence enormously.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If you want to write badly enough, you will find a way. You have a lot of self confidence barriers to move over, but seriously, the need to write outweighs the rest. Just go for it.


Tell us about your book/books:

My  books are based upon real life events in the Paranormal world, I wove them into a fictional story with fictional characters. I have been lucky enough to literally go out and research the stories, and as I enjoy this process it makes the writing, a lot easier for me.








What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love writing, and I love reading, making time for the two with a busy homelife and more recently, following the loss of my anchor and guiding star, my husband who died in August 2021, both have helped me with the grief. Sometimes its easier to get lost within the worlds of a book than sit and cry, I have learnt that in the communities out there, you need to be active, followers make you popular and that seems to be in thing to get recognised. Posting about your writing daily helps, but you have to make it short and sweet, getting caught in social media can limit your writing time. A good way of getting reviews, something I do find quite hard, is to read and review other authors work, this exchange not only gives you diversity with what genres you read but means you and the community are working together.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

If I could say anything to my readers, it would be this...I hope you enjoy reading my books, as many authors, a lot of research and time has gone into them. All authors lose a little of themselves within their work, and I truly hope I have written it clearly enough for you to ‘be there’ with me.


Where can people connect with you?

You can find me on twitter @EarthAngelTasha or I have a Facebook  @tashawritesbrown


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview