Ron Ward Jr interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

When I was around 10 years old. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Around 10 years old. I won my 4th and 5th grade young authors contest. My teachers from that point on encouraged me to write. I did so all the way to age 18. Several handwritten stories I wish I still had in my possession but they are long lost. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's easy to write. All the other elements of self publishing are the challenge. I was scammed by my first editor and had to save for another one. I also had to hire a second book designer. The first one did everything I asked but there was an obvious language barrier which made communicating what I wanted difficult. I'm pretty sure he didn't understand all the technical aspects of the process. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I can't offer advice just yet. I'm newly published and have no idea if I'm going to succeed or fail. 


Tell us about your book/books:

First book. Riptide. A Supernatural, Paranormal drama about a man who is obsessed over his past with his deceased father. His regret and grief grow so strong he is suppressing his father's soul from moving on. His father, in spirit form, finds himself trapped in his son's subconscious. He is unsuccessful in communicating with his son because his son is an atheist and a steadfast skeptic of anything paranormal. While the father is trying to escape, the son thinks he himself is losing his mind. 
My second book releases in late May. It's titled Feed The Monster. It's about an author whose characters from a serial killer book come after him for revenge in real life. The idea of that book stemmed from a single dream. 




What do you love about the writing/reading community?

All the willingness to share and help each other out while also trying to promote their own work. It is a very supportive community.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I'm not sure that I have readers yet. If anything: Have your tissues ready if you read Riptide. 


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter. Facebook. Instagram.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview