Philip John interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I was a professional journalist for a news agency for over ten years. Covering the arts, events etc. I during that period took on freelance sport writing jobs.
That led to paid interview work. Theatre reviews and more. 
Due to health issues and the pandemic I took the plunge into finally writing a novel. Entering a few competitions and honing that one book. 
I am now finishing my seventh in my murder mystery series. 


When did your love of books begin?

I have always been a avid reader. Especially who dun it style ones by the likes of Agatha Christie. You will find a nod to her Poirot or Marple classics I my Jill Monroe series. I read a lot and try to give many genres a go. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

After what I realised had been over 20 years of writing. I realised I was always reviewing facts. Detailing events and nothing was under my own name. So I challenged myself to write novels started on my hospital bed. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I will publish it one day. But it's ranking in a major competition led me to embark on my current murder mystery series. Which I have set here in Northern Ireland. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

My suggestion to any aspiring writers is to join online groups. Sign up for newsletters and be an active member of the many sites out there. 


Tell us about your book/books:

The current series are seven murder mystery stories. involving a young female detective sergeant. Who has returned home to Belfast. 
Jill Monroe is slightly a fish out of water. Some don't like this fast-tracked officer getting her teeth into a high profile serial killer case. 
The subsequent books see her tackle various cases outside of the police. Write a book about her first major case and reconnect with her family. 



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The writing community are extremely supportive and helpful. Not something I'd ever encountered in the world of journalism. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I just hope I have told a great story. If they enjoy it wonderful. Even better they write a review. Like it online, retweet. or anything to help.


Where can people connect with you?

I'm on twitter
PhilipJohnNI


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview