Nina Maylor interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I live in Merseyside, UK with my husband and 3 young children. Life is crazy, our house looks as though it has been ransacked and each day brings more chaos. Despite this, books are my true obsession and, when I’m not writing, I always make time for myself to read a book.


When did your love of books begin?

As young as eight or nine, I would find myself becoming immersed in either a book from school or the local library. My Mother and Grandmother were both always reading and swapping books with each other. I guess I wanted to be part of the club! 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I had the idea for my first romance novel many years ago but never had the confidence (or the time) to put pen to paper and get the storyline in motion. However, after much deliberation, my husband gave me the encouragement I needed, and I began the writing process last year. I was surprised how quickly the words flowed and before I knew it, I had a 90k book saved on my laptop. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I have enjoyed every minute of becoming an author, it feels like I was always meant to take this path. Throughout this journey, I was constantly eager to write the next chapter at every opportunity. It was as though the book was oozing out of my pores and I couldn’t type fast enough. What felt exhilarating when I began writing was, I genuinely felt no pressure for the book to be written in a certain style. Essentially, I wanted the characters to connect with the reader and for the storyline to bring joy into their life. If the reader feels happy after reading my book, then that makes me feel good. Reading is, and will always be my passion, and over the year there have been many books that have left me feeing joyous. I wanted to create this feeling for my readers.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

For anyone wondering what it would be like to write a book, often we just need the confidence and belief that it is achievable, or in my case, someone to tell us that we can do it. We all have a book in us that we can write. A lot of the process is good planning, strict time management, shutting off the distractions around us and telling yourself you have nothing to lose. 


Tell us about your book/books:

I am a romantic at heart and so naturally my book is a love story between two broken yet beautiful souls. Not wanting to give any spoilers away, the main characters are two extremely different personalities in how they approach life, though the reader soon learns they are more similar than they first believed. There are some sensitive topics included within the storyline including loss and emotional abuse. The characters show both resilience and strength in their journeys to overcome their pasts, with the help of each other.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

There are so many wonderful authors out there and to be able to connect and support one another is paramount. We live in a world where people are too quick to give you their negative opinions, however there is a lot of love in the writing community. So, for me, the process has been inspiring and the start of an exciting journey.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

A message for my readers is that I hope the book connected with you, and bought joy into your reading world, like it did when I wrote it. For me, a good romance novel is one that has you turning “just one more page” until you’re straining your eyes and you have no choice but to call it a night. Romance novels should make you feel good inside, have you questioning whether the characters will get their “happily ever after” and reinforce your beliefs in true love’s existence. Watch this space for my second romance novel, for release Autumn 2022!


Where can people connect with you?

I love to hear from readers, aspiring authors and romance book lovers. Anybody who wants to connect with can find me on Twitter: @MaylorNina


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview