Marc Francis interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Marc Francis, and I live in Chorley Lancashire.
I have recently had my first Novel "Journal of a Husband" Published, and I do plan to write a follow up as long as my wife hasn't meticulously planned my demise.
As you can tell I am married (hence the subject matter) to my long suffering wife Kelly, who is the inspiration for my writing and if it wasn't for her, I'd be a lot richer, have less grey hair and I'd have the blood pressure of a tortoise.


When did your love of books begin?

Strictly speaking it was my love of comedy that brought me to writing. Although, I have always loved books. I love reading Stephen King's short stories, and always admired his imagination.
It was really Bill Bryson that really imspired me to pick the pen ( well, laptop) when I realised that writing and being funny (hopefully) can combine. 
I always loved his dry humour, and is one of the few who can make me laugh out loud while reading.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Well, In all honesty I just wanted to to see if I could make people laugh first and foremost. 
Once I got married, I realised that some of the funniest situations and stories where there almost ready made. 
So, I thought I would get them down on paper written in a style that I hope will bring some joy and lots of laughter.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Well, firstly exciting. I still can't believe that I have MY book in my hands, it's so surreal. Although early on in the process, it is long winded and you spend weeks and months just waiting and hoping that your work is as good as you think it is. 
But, when I got the green light and realised this is happening,  it's amazing! 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

There is so many predictable answers to this question, but in my opinion, I would say just concentrate on your work and don't think too far ahead. It's a long road, so don't rush just to get published. Make sure that you enjoy your writing, and that you don't pressure yourself too much. 


Tell us about your book/books:

Well my debut novel "Journal of a Husband" is a collection of hilarious stories all about being married, and facing situations that I think most couples face.
Now, you don't have to be married, any couple would relate to this. 
It is brutally honest, very sweary, very naughty, very adult and hopefully very funny. But, certainly not for the little ones.
You may not believe it, but most of the stories are for all intents and purposes, true. Although, they have a sprinkling of drama added. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I have had so much support through Twitter (like your goodselves) it is such a great community. Everyone has welcomed me with open arms, and it gives you a real buzz to know there are great people out there. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would say to my readers that I hope they find joy and lots of laughter in my book. I find that things are usually funniest when people can relate to situations in their lives and they realise they are as strange as we are!  
Also, laughter and comedy are great ways to unwind and to find a release from the pressures in life.
So,  just escape and enjoy. 


Where can people connect with you?

My Book is available on Amazon, waterstones, and all good book shops
Amazon links 
🇬🇧 UK https://t.co/pV6i0dyrKM
🇺🇸USA  https://t.co/eQBl7IMNyb
You can connect with me on twitter 
@MarcFrancisUK
Or email ar marcfrancisauthor@yahoo.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview