Brigid Finn interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I am a romance writer from the Northeastern United States. I love reading, writing, bourbon, and cats.


When did your love of books begin?

Earlier than I can remember. Reading was like having magic powers to me. I strongly identified with Roald Dahl's Matilda.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Late elementary school, I think. When I found out that the Harry Potter books were written by a woman, I realized that I wanted to do that too.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I love the writing part. I'm self-published- the marketing doesn't come easy to me, but I think I'm getting better at it. I appreciate being able to control all aspects of my work. Commissioning book covers has been an unexpected joy.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Don't think about becoming an author. Just start writing. You have to learn the joy of writing for yourself first.


Tell us about your book/books:

Right now, I'm working on my Bloody Hearts series. It's a series of vampire romance novellas. The first two are available on Amazon and Kindle Unlimited-the 3rd should be out sometime later this year. I love reading vampire romance, but I find it hard to find ones that I like. I've written the vampire romance books that I would like to read. Hopefully, my readers see it the same way.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The writing community is very supportive, I've found. The romance book community (both reading and writing) is extremely passionate about the genre, which I love to see.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Romance books have been a great comfort to me and have provided valuable escapism- I hope my books can do the same for you. I'm also very accessible via social media- I love hearing from readers.
And for the love, please rate and review on Amazon and Goodreads. I beg of you.


Where can people connect with you?

I'm most active/accessible on Twitter and Goodreads. And of course, signing up for my newsletter will guarantee you never miss out on anything worthwhile from me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview