Barbara Borzi interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi, I'm Barbara, author of my debut book, Living the Sky Life. I've been a flight attendant for the past 25 years and when my airline was grounded due to Covid-19, I decided to tackle one of the items on my bucket list - namely, write a book. I live in the Toronto area with my husband, three children, and a crazy Yorkie who craves attention 24/7. I enjoy running, reading, and travelling but ironically am afraid of heights and suffer from motion sickness.



When did your love of books begin?

I've always enjoyed books ever since I could read. In fact, I won a school read-a-thon when I was in 2nd grade and still have the plush dog prize as a reminder. My favourite book was Robert Munsch's, Paper Bag Princess, because this is when I discovered that a girl could be the hero of the story. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

When I was 14, I wrote and illustrated a story called, On Top of Tomatoes, which was displayed in the school library and included a comments page at the end. I received numerous positive comments from both students and teachers, and so the spark to become an author was lit.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I believe the writing part was the easiest! I did not realize just how much work is involved in publishing a book. Whether traditional or self-publishing, both come with their set of challenges. Albeit frustrating at times, through lots of research and some trial and error, I am proud to say that I managed to successfully publish my book.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Don't give up! You're never too late to become an author. The satisfaction is an immense reward.


Tell us about your book/books:

Living the Sky Life is my debut book based on my life as a flight attendant. It offers extensive insights into this career in the skies, while incorporating humour throughout. It is an engaging and eye-opening account that highlights the craziness of being confined with hundreds of strangers at 36,000 feet for hours on end, while at the same time offering invaluable tips and advice. Through my personal and professional anecdotes woven throughout, I reveal the realities of being a flight attendant, the dreaded annual training, the special airline lingo, the juicy drama, layover advice, and even how to open the extremely complicated lavatory door. It is a great resource for understanding the airline industry which is sure to inform and entertain.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Not only has it been supportive and encouraging in my writing, but I have learned a lot through others and have made some genuine connections.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Be kind to your flight attendant, and maybe bring them a gift- such as my book!


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter and Instagram: @werewolfmama


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown