Andrew Slinde interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi, I’m Andrew, author of the Sins of the Elders series. I’ve been writing since the tender age of 6 and decided I wanted to pursue it as a career when I was 8. The very first thing I wrote was self-insert Super Mario fanfiction.


When did your love of books begin?

I can’t really nail it down. To me, books have always had a sort of mystical quality. My mom would read us those old classics like the Pokey Puppy, and I had a book about Alf going to an amusement park – it was the first book I read by myself when I was, like, five. Storytelling and the imagination had me captivated at a very young age.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

When I was 8 years old. I initially wanted to be a cartoonist, but it turns out I objectively suck at drawing. I decided to be a writer instead.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

In a word? Harrowing. I constantly struggle with periods of crippling self-doubt and I often want to quit and do something useful, like being a jockey. Other times, though, it makes you feel like a god. Those are the times I live for.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Have you considered going into a trade instead? Kidding (kind of). I’d tell them it’s gonna be tough, but to stick with it. Find your voice, write like mad, and don’t be afraid to suck. I sure did at first.


Tell us about your book/books:

Sins of the Elders is a steampunk/fantasy series set in the world of Morgarai (pronounced like morgue-a-rye), a broken mirror image of our own world. The story centers around a Peacekeeper named Esther Triad and her ragtag group of unlikely allies as they attempt to stop a shadowy cabal from saving the world.


Book 1 - 4 are currently available at mybook.to/sinsoftheelders with the 5th book slated for this summer.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

They’re incredibly supportive, especially of indie authors like myself. I’ve made a bunch of important contacts and genuine friendships among the writing community.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Buckle up. It’s gonna be a nutty ride.


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter: @AndrewSlinde


I’m on facebook, but I’ll be damned if I can remember what the url is…


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview