Krysten Lindsay Hager interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Krysten Lindsay Hager and I love reading, re-watching the same things on TV, and writing. I also like to journal and I no longer worry about anyone reading it because my handwriting is so bad that can barely read what I wrote.


When did your love of books begin?

My parents were big readers and my mom used to look at what was popular for my age group to find books I’d like. I was really into series middle grade and YA books for years, so it makes sense that the first books I published were in both of those genres.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I remember thinking being an author would be amazing when I was a kid and I knew in 4th grade that was my dream job. My mom signed me up for a writing conference my senior year of high school to see if I’d really like it. I was intimidated, but I also felt like I found where I belonged being there. I felt understood.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It’s a lot of work, but if you really love and respect writing then it is worth it. Someone said being a writer is like giving yourself homework every day for life.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Read as much as you can in the genre you plan to write in and take all the classes you can. You need to study your craft, your genre, and the industry first.


Tell us about your book/books:

My books are about friendships, crushes, hope, love, dealing with self-doubt, and appreciating what makes you unique. My goal is to make people feel better about themselves. My books have always been about helping ​readers feel less alone in what they're dealing with & giving hope, comfort, and a happily ever after. Most of my books are young adult contemporary books about self-esteem and romance and I also have the Landry’s True Colors Series which is set in middle school. My Cecily Taylor Series is a funny pop star romance series about a girl getting to date her pop star crush and experience her dream job of acting.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I think it’s about finding people who get all the things about me that made me feel so different growing up. I often felt I had to hide my interests because people at school would make mean comments, so I’d keep it to myself and then go geek out at the bookstore and rearrange my bookshelves and write in my journals while plotting out stories in my head. When I found the writing and reading communities it was like I found my people who liked the same things I do.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

The world always makes us feel like we have to conform to fit in and who we are isn’t enough and my goal is to make my readers feel that what makes you different is what makes you special. I wasted too many years of my life trying to be who the world told me I should be and I want to stop others from having to go through that.


Where can people connect with you?

Website: http://www.krystenlindsay.com/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/krystenlindsay/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KrystenLindsayHagerAuthor

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/krystenlindsay/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KrystenLindsay


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown