A Secondary Character Interview with Hermione Laake - THE SILVER RAGUSAURUS


Please tell us about the book and the character who is being interviewed.

Book: THE SILVER RAGUSAURUS a crossover children’s story  by Hermione Laake out now on Kindle as an e-book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hermione-Laake/e/B00FCATON2/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

There are a few spoilers in this interview. 

Interview with the secondary character: TUSK. 

CHARACTER: Tusk: motherless black child. 

Tusk lives alone with his father in a sprawling mansion. The gardens are open to visitors. 



How did it feel to be given a leading role in this book?

I am just a child. I had no choice in the matter, and neither did my mother since she’s dead. Dad makes all the decisions. He’s a writer so it was a ‘no brainer’ me being in the book. Anyway, I was just being myself. 


Obviously to us this was a tale but for you it was something you actually went through, how did you find the journey we read about?

I thought it was all about the silver ragusaurus, but it turned out that I played a big part in the story. I’m black and people can’t always see past colour. My Swiss aunt is a little too focused on the colour of my skin. I didn’t really understand it until I met this shimmering silver ragusaurus who hated his skin. He hated it so much he had self harmed, and his mother had to give him away because of his colour so I definitely learned a lot on this journey. I didn’t realise I was on a journey until the story was over. That was when I realised that I didn’t need my mask anymore. 



If you could do the journey over again would you have done anything differently?

I would have asked Silver to take me to Switzerland. I have always wanted to go there. He was in a hurry to get back home though.


A lot of people would love to know what's next for you?

I am going to keep drawing. And I am going to keep looking out the window because you never know what’s out there. 



How was it working with the author of your book?

I’m just glad she picked me. There were three of us you know; three boys. I was the third. I am not sure anyone has ever written a book with three boys in it and two dads. The women are secondary characters. It’s all about us as far as I can tell. It’s odd really because the story begins with a birth and there’s a mother in it. The thing is though you never really think about whether the ugly duckling is a boy or a girl in the original story. It’s a duck. Could be a boy or a girl. Silver is definitely a boy, as am I. There is another ugly duckling, but that would be telling. You’ll have to read the book to find out.



Where can we purchase your book?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hermione-Laake/e/B00FCATON2/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1



Please tell us where readers can connect with you and find out about any new book releases too.

I am on Twitter as @herziloph and I would love to connect with my readers there. I also write a sports blog and share that on twitter several times a month if you enjoy staying fit. It is a clean site. Spam protected.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview