Ryan Barnard-Stoker interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Ryan Barnard-Stoker. I have been writing for twenty years, but I just recently found the courage to share my writing. My aunt, the most avid reader (an ex-librarian), my personal editor, loves my short stories. She even tells me if she hates them. That made me decide to share my writing. The approval of my aunt and family. I started getting serious about writing last year, during the pandemic.


When did your love of books begin?

My love for books began when I was a child. My grandparents read to me all the time. Books were my escape, but I was very picky about my books as a child. It was usually Narnia, or something sports.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Since I was a teenager, I wanted to be a writer, but I never shared my work with anyone. A person cannot grow as a writer or build confidence without sharing their work.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I feel that I have found a process that works for me and a voice of my own. A deep love for short stories has helped me to develop as a writer. In my work in progress, I write every like my short stories. It makes my chapters feel faster paced. My hope is that readers enjoy my stories as much as I enjoy writing them.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

For those who would like to become authors, keep writing. Don’t be afraid to share your work. Some people will hate it, some people will love it. The people that like it will help you build confidence. The people that hate it will make you a better writer.


Tell us about your book/books:

Between college, a full-time job, and spending time with my wife and daughter, I try to write when I can. I graduate in May with a degree in business. That should free me up to focus on writing a lot more. I’m just amazed at how much I have written in the past year. I’m working on some more short stories right now, but currently, I’m concentrating most of my effort on wrapping up my longer story.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Recently, I joined the writing community. I thought it would be a great way to reach out and meet some other writers, or just get some support. At first, I was desperate to get readers. But I have learned that the best way to get readers is to connect with other writers, answer questions on twitter, and just get to know people.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would like my readers to know that I am so thankful for every single one of them. Reach out to me, write a comment. I look forward to interacting with them and any writers that would like to chat as well.


Where can people connect with you?

People can connect with me on my wordpress blog ryanbarnardstoker.com or my email at storiesbyryanbars@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview