Jericho Black interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi, my name is Jericho Black! I write YA fantasy books. Currently I am working on a series called Shinto Slash. 


When did your love of books begin?

As a small child I loved all things fantasy and adventure. I loved being able to immerse myself in a universe and experience adventures through the characters.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

As an adult I realized that I wanted to bring some of my own characters and universes to life. I had grown up thinking it was impossible but I’ve worked hard to make it happen! 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It’s been tough but so worth it. I chose to self publish because I wanted complete creative freedom and I was afraid a traditional publisher might not be interested in giving me as much freedom as I would like.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Never give up. You are capable of great things. Take your time, have patience, and don’t be afraid to ask for help or advice! 


Tell us about your book/books:

I currently have two published works. Shinto Slash: The Parade of Demons is book one in an illustrated YA fantasy series. It follows a band of warriors in ancient Japan as they work to save their world from demons. It contains 20 full color illustrations and over 30 color character and creature portraits. 

My other published work is Shinto Slash: Origins. It is in the same illustrated novel format as The Parade of Demons except that this is a prequel novella chronicling HOW the events of The Parade of Demons came to be.
Both are available on Amazon as paperbacks, ebooks, and on kindle unlimited.




What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how friendly and supportive everyone is. Everyone loves to help if you have a question and is quick to support their fellow readers and writers. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for giving my illustrated novel series a shot. I hope you love the universe as much as I do! 


Where can people connect with you?

I can be found on tiktok (jerichobooktokauthor), Twitter (jerichoblack_), Instagram (jericho.black.author)
I also have a website at www.shintoslash.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown