Galiden Nox interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

Probably I'd say in my late primary school years. So when I was around 7 or so. At least in any seriousness.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Shortly before I actually started, really, so that would've been in my middle school years.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

This question is a little vague, but if I understand what you mean, then I'd say it's been fun working on storycrafting and worldbuilding. I unfortunately have recently not found it too fulfilling without an audience though, as I put a lot of effort into trying to be an entertainer, so a lack of audience is kind of a big deal. I definitely think it's worth the effort though if you can make it through.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Most importantly, stay determined and patient. Writing is a skill like anything else. Don't expect to do fantastic the first time, and don't take setbacks and failures as a sign you're doing it wrong. Failure is an integral part of the path to success. I wrote a book over 400 pages long as one of my early projects over the course of 6 months or so, and now that I've had some time since finishing it, I've realized a lot of it isn't very good, and needs scrapped. But the thing is, that's alright, because I learned from the experience, and I know how to rewrite the story better the next time I try it, and it has helped me learn some of the mechanics of writing to improve my other stories too. I would also say, if you want to learn to write, do a lot of reading. At first I wrote in a very similar style to the authors I primarily read. Over time, as I learned more about writing and got more experience, my own verbiage and personality started permeating my work much more, and I developed my own style. None of this happens quickly, but it is a good way to improve. And additionally, don't burn yourself out. Take breaks if you have to. Pushing until you can't keep going will only make you give up. Pace yourself. 'Slow down; you'll go faster', is a quote that comes to mind, although I'm afraid I forget who first said it.


Tell us about your book/books:

I actually write a very wide range of genres, but fantasy and sci-fi, although a bit heavier on the sci-fi, are my two favorites. All of my books of all of my different series are all technically related and part of the same humongous world, but the world is large enough that I have a lot of freedom to write basically any genre. I'm currently working on a strong sci-fi book called Eminence I: Dark Star, although it is not released yet. The only book I've currently released to the public in any way is Empires of Saturn Part One, which I've put on Wattpad. It is also a sci-fi book, and let me preface this by saying I'm not trying to brag, but in all the different sci-fi stuff I've seen, I've really not seen one very similar to this one. There is a description on Wattpad if you're interested, but it's also kind of a rough draft, really. In any case, in my writing in general, I often like putting odd and unexpected spins on more common ideas, so you'll find a lot of my work keeps you wondering what's going to happen next.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Though I haven't been part of it for a terribly long time, it is nice to see a group of people with similar passions to my own encouraging and supporting each other in spite of the world we live in. I can be a bit picky about some things, but I do enjoy seeing some actual sense of connection between such different people. If nothing more, it's encouraging to me since I don't live around people who have much interest in this sort of thing.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Everything will make sense eventually. I know a lot of my stuff is kind of confusing at first, but that is because I work on a very large scale. The details matter, so if it feels a little slow, just be patient with me, because I promise it's worth it in the end. And more importantly, I hope you enjoy my work. I know a lot of people are in their jobs for the money, but I do this because I enjoy it, and I like to entertain others. Overall, I want people to enjoy reading what I write, so I do my best to make it that way. Although I do understand if people think that statement is total bogus and I'm just another greedy human, but I'd ask: please be patient, and give it a chance.


Where can people connect with you?

My email is galidennox@gmail.com, and you can find me @GalidenNox on Twitter or Wattpad. I do also have an Instagram account under the same name, but admittedly I don't check it often.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview