Christopher Henry Thomas interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Christopher Henry Thomas and I'm 34 years old. I was born and raised in Scranton, Pennsylvania. I attended both West Scranton and Scranton High Schools, but I never graduated. At the age of sixteen some unforeseen circumstances forced me to quit school and forego my dreams of playing sports. That disappointment would lead me to a life of alcohol, drugs, and rehabs. I have been battling addiction for nearly twenty years. It has taken me to treatment many times, but no matter how many times I screwed up I always got back up and tried again. 


When did your love of books begin?

My love of books came from my many visits to treatment facilities. Inside most facilities television wasn't allowed that often and when it was, there was never a thing to watch. So, I decided to have books mailed into me to keep my mind occupied. If I wasn't reading something while I was there, then I would write poetry, comedy, or I would journal.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

That didn't happen until quite recently. Originally, I wanted to write stand-up comedy, but I found that with my brain damage I had trouble memorizing all my own jokes. So, I thought I would draft this story as a pilot or a screenplay. After I let that thought cross my mind for about a day, I realized if I ever wanted to make that a reality, I should author the book first.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

There is so much more that goes into becoming an author than I initially anticipated. It's a lot of work but the anticipation of holding my first completed book with my name on the cover is worth every bit of stress that comes along with it. Overall, I've found the process extremely rewarding and eye-opening.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Do your research! I had my first story completed before I really got into all the research. If I had completed all the necessary research ahead of time, I would have been much more prepared for everything that comes along with things like crowdfunding campaigns, self-publishing, marketing, and author websites. So, I highly recommend doing your homework. 


Tell us about your book/books:

The Adventures of Kushman and Savage. Chris Kushman and Jeff Savage are two best friends that have overcome many obstacles and similar struggles in their lives so far. Kushman is trying to make it as a stand-up comedian, and he’s brought his best friend Savage and his father, Big Jeff Kushman, along for the ride. Kush and Savage are both on medical marijuana when they decide to embark in their RV on adventures to do comedy shows across the country. They’ll venture from New York to Florida and all the way out to Hawaii.

What lies ahead in this comedy thriller, neither Kush nor Savage are prepared for. But, with a little help, they adapt along the way as this comedy tour turns into the adventure of their lives. With unfolding hidden truths and secrets about family, friends, and so much more, Kushman and Savage stumble onto a deadly plot involving the legalization of Medical Marijuana. Kush and Savage will keep you on the edge of your seat laughing as they struggle through guilt, shame, pain, and redemption. This comedy-filled adventure is packed with drama, suspense, and thrills. I have already begun the sequel and my hope is that it will be ready for publishing by the time the debut is released. Book one's subtitle will be Saving the Senate One Puff at a Time.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how welcoming everyone has been towards me. I wasn't expecting that. Everyone I've talked to in this community has offered either their assistance, their support, or their appreciation and I'm extremely grateful for that. Before joining this community, I only saw that kind of welcome in the rooms of AA. It's not easy for me to open up about anything unless I feel comfortable. This community makes me feel comfortable. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I've used personal past trauma, pain, and scars, as well as personal mental and health issues to lend depth to my characters. The only thing I want from this book is for the readers to enjoy and love these characters and their story as much as I did. Authoring this book and going on this adventure has quite literally saved my life. All the jokes performed by Kushman in the book were written by me and come from personal life experiences. I truly hope that you all enjoy it. My only goal is to entertain you and continue writing. 


Where can people connect with you?

If you would like to connect with me, I can be reached through my author website, https://ChristopherHenryThomas.com If you are interested in helping this project come to life you can become a backer or supporter on Indiegogo.com I am also on TwitterFacebookInstagram, and more. For a full list visit my website or you can email me at chriskushman2022@ChristopherHenryThomas.com

I've enclosed some photos of myself and some book cover ideas.

In closing I would like to say thank you very much for reaching out and welcoming a new author.


Comments

  1. Thank you so much for reaching out and welcoming me. I'm so grateful to #feedmyreads and the entire #writingcommunity. Writing and reading has saved my life in so many ways. Authoring this book is most definitely the highlight of my life this far. Thank you again, Christopher Henry Thomas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted to be able to welcome you to the community

      Delete
    2. Good luck and best wishes to you Christopher! I hope your book is a great success!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown