Brigitta Moon interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

My love of books started in high school. I did not particularly care for the assigned readings. I preferred authors like Stephen King and Sydney Sheldon.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

My desire to become an author started in 2013. My love life was not the Cinderella story I wanted. In fact, my life was far from it. I worked out my stress with pen and paper. You see, I could legally punish him in a book. No jail time. These stories were actually an escape from the real world. And you know what? I found that writing these stories was great therapy and stress relief. I learned while writing that he was not all bad. :)


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Becoming an Indie author is a long, time-consuming, learning adventure. It is more than putting words on the paper. The characters have to be three-dimensional and likable. If not a likable character, they must have something extra that will keep the reader reading. Also, the words must be colorful like painting a picture that the reader can see as they read. An author has to build a whole world for their characters to live in. I have learned to make book covers, book promotion, edit and format ebooks as well as physical books.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would say, "If you are writing a book to become rich, this is probably going to be a disappointing adventure. If you start with the love of writing, and the monetary rewards follow, your adventure will be satisfying."


Tell us about your book/books:

In the beginning, I envisioned myself as a romance writer. The problem was my stories did not always have happily ever after endings. I found my writing style and genre with the first book in The Marston Series, Guilty. I love writing twists and turns that keep readers guessing. My goal is to string the suspense along until the end. This series' main characters are three detectives. My new series, The Kendra Carlisle series is about a family lawyer who never expected to be the defense attorney on a murder trial. She accepts the challenge. If she loses, her client will be sentenced to life or death. Book 2 is in the works.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The writing/reading community is a supportive group. What I like most is how engaged they are.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for giving my novels a try. As always, keep reading.


Where can people connect with you?

My website is www.BMBbooks.com
My social media favorites are Twitter and Instagram.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown