Scott Donnelly interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Thank you so much for this opportunity, as well as everything you do for the author and book community. 


When did your love of books begin?

My love for books started with Goosebumps, which eventually bled into Agatha Christie novels. Now I read lots of things within the realm of horror, thriller and mystery.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

The movie SCREAM came out around the same time that I read AND THEN THERE WERE NONE by Agatha Christie. Just the aspect of creating such thrilling mysteries that taunt and tease the audience was intriguing to me. I branched out into all sorts of horror movies after that and those became the template of what I wanted to write about; thrilling mysteries, horrific tales, and unnerving atmospheric stories.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

When I am able to sit down and write what I enjoy, or write something that I would personally want to read, I find the process so exciting with endless fun and limits. But when the story is finished and ready to go, that's where the frustration comes in. Trying to sell and market your book (from a self-publishing point of view) is hard and intimidating.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If you like writing and enjoy it, do it. Don't let anything or anyone intimidate you from doing what you love. You'll need patience and be able to take the good with the bad. Not everyone is going to like what you write, and that's okay. You're writing for you and the ones who do want to read your stories. 


Tell us about your book/books:

My latest book is called MOTHMAN: RETURN TO POINT PLEASANT. It's a fictional, cryptid horror story that explores what would happen if the legendary Mothman of Point Pleasant showed up again in our modern times. If you're not familiar with the story of the Mothman, I highly suggest you check it out. Whether or not you're a believer, the accounts and events that happened back in the 60s are fascinating. My book does tackle some of the real world events that took place, but focuses mainly on a mother and son who move to Point Pleasant and start to experience the terror in which this paranormal entity is capable of. 



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Over the past two years, I have made so many amazing friends with people within the writing community, and I am blown away by how supportive and encouraging they have been. I've gotten to know some pretty big podcasters/youtubers, filmmakers, publishers, and some very talented authors.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I appreciate you so much. If you have ever read anything of mine, or have the interest to, I truly appreciate it.  It means so much to have someone take the time out of their day to read something that I have written.


Where can people connect with you?

I'm on social media, have a patreon page and a newsletter! Stop by and say hello! I usually have some free PDF's of some short stories for anyone who asks! https://linktr.ee/scottdonnellyauthor


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview