Sarah Ainslee interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

                                           

When did your love of books begin?

I was a reader from a young age, but my real love of books started when I discovered The Babysitters Club series at my local library! I devoured almost all 200 books and never stopped. (I proudly boasted two middle school trophies for most pages read in an academic year!)



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I always loved role-playing and coming up with elaborate characters as a kid. The desire to start writing really hit me when I was ten or eleven. I sat in the middle of an acting class just outside Hollywood and realized I liked coming up with stories more than I did acting them out. From there, words became a hobby, and eventually, my biggest passion.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Challenging, to say the least, but worth it! It’s one, giant game of hurry up and wait. I’ve learned so much in these querying trenches. I’d like to think they’ve not only made me a better writer, but given me a thicker skin.



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

You’ll hear “it’s subjective” a lot, and it’s 100% true. Not everyone will love your work, you’ll hear ‘no’ frequently. What matters is that you love your story, because at the end of the day, if you love it, there’s an audience for it. Someone else will see what you see. I promise!



Tell us about your book/books:

The manuscript I’m currently querying is a YA contemporary retelling of Roman Holiday, with a gender-bent twist! Outside of that, I’m current brainstorming one other YA contemporary and working on the first draft of another (think Almost Famous meets The Princess Diaries—hopefully, that piques your interest!)



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The support and encouragement are unparalleled to anything I’ve ever had the privilege of being part of. For every one person who has something negative to say, there are ten more who have your back and are willing to pull you up out of the dirt.



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Stay curious. Stick with the plot twists. Never stop believing in happily ever afters.



Where can people connect with you?

Twitter: https://twitter.com/sarahisawriter

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahisawriter/

Website: https://sarahisawriter.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview