Kate Backford interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I am an author and just released my first novel The Blackmail Enigma. I grew up all over the world and speak 4 languages. My love is to ride horses and to snorkel - this is when I truly feel free. I retired from a career selling million-dollar IT solutions to the F500 for companies like Deloitte and IBM and turned to my real love - books. That led to sitting down and writing my first book. Working on the second one now.


When did your love of books begin?

My teachers called my parents in at one point and said I read too much and that I was hiding from something. My nose was always in a book, and I read a lot of classics as well as paperbacks of all kinds.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

When I retired from my job as a sales executive for information technology in Silicon Valley, I knew I wanted to do something more fulfilling. I have been writing short stories ever since high school in Bermuda in a private school. I never published the short stories because I always wanted to write a book.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Both exciting and very difficult.  I was lucky enough to receive a copy of a diary an ancestor wrote in 1859 when she traveled from Norway to South Africa on a ship with 30 sailors. She was 18 years old and the only passenger. This was my inspiration for The Blackmail Enigma.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Read a lot. Find a topic you love and find a germ of an idea around it. Plot your story. I have tried writing without a plot and unless you are writing the most simple narrative it will fail.


Tell us about your book/books:

It’s a thriller and suspense, novel in the vein of Follett and Grisham. A globe spanning mystery that takes you from Sweden to UK to Senegal in Africa. A famous author I know has said it has "...delicious details of Westminster and Africa." A strong female protagonist leads the search for the answer of a family secret, while a British Lord receives a mysterious blackmail note hinting at a horrible event his ancestor perpetrated. If it becomes public knowledge, it will threaten his son's chance of becoming the youngest Prime Minister of UK in 200 years, ruin his family and change the direction of the country. The book with an event no reader could have expected.

https://www.amazon.com/Blackmail-Enigma-Kate-Backford-ebook/dp/B09HSQKX25/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=V49nn&pf_rd_p=29505bbf-38bd-47ef-8224-a5dd0cda2bae&pf_rd_r=KYF625KVPERG8WGT87ZR&pd_rd_r=7787a875-3a81-4cf9-82aa-42c4a793f81b&pd_rd_wg=tTlWi&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Very supportive. I love being able to read different people’s comments.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Keep reading books of all kinds. Don’t get hooked on a single writer but try out different genres.


Where can people connect with you?

Best way would be through Face Book. Just send me a message and I’ll answer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview