J. Rae Moore interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I can’t remember ever not craving the worlds I found within the pages of a good book.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I’ve always been drawn to the written word even as a small child. I often tell people I’m a writer not an author. An author knows what they’re doing. I’m still scrambling.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

With the exception of a few, I have found that writers are generally supportive of other creatives.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Find your people. Your people are those who will rejoice in your triumphs, be genuinely upset when you are, and push you to do better. These people can be anyone near or far but you’ll know them when you find them. Don’t take their criticisms as insults but take them as challenges. This will only make you a stronger writer.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have written but have yet to publish several books. I have 6 and 1/2 books of a 7-book fantasy series written, one standalone, and one more.I first looked into publishing in the traditional market. I secured an agent and had several interested publishers. Unfortunately, my agent passed away in early 2020 and all advancements on my book series were lost. After losing my agent, I took a step back from writing and pursuing a publish. I am just now getting back in the mindset (heartset) to share my work. This time, I am looking into an independent or self publishing route.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how much the reading and writing community supports and accepts one another.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you.


Where can people connect with you?

jraemoore.com@jraemoore1 for Twitter


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown