Isabella DeClan interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I'm Isabella. I'm a bit of a writing fanatic.



When did your love of books begin?

My love of books started in middle school (Jr. High) when I discovered 'The Great Tree of Avalon', my first elective read. Then I couldn't stop.



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I watched the live action Narnia, and wrote a book with a similar idea, just for kicks. When people I cared about read it, they told me I was good, so I never stopped.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Writing books is one thing. Its easy and fun. But stumbling on KDP a few years ago made that dream into a reality. Since then, I've found a lot of great Booktubers to help guide the path and help make the decisions of publishing.



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Never give up, and ask the professionals. Booktube is chock full of self published and traditionally published authors who will give a lot of advice. At times making the jump from hobbyist to Author can seem daunting, but it is well worth it.



Tell us about your book/books:

I have several Works in Progress, most fall in line with the Dark Paranormal fiction genre. My baby project is ‘Cambion’. I've spent more time on this book and I've loved the journey of exploring the characters and changing my writing style halfway through.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The writing community is wonderful because of how supportive it is. In most lines of work it's cutthroat, me or them mentality. While that does exist in the writing community, I've found it to be an incredibly small subgroup. Most authors are willing to help and share resources with each other. It's truly wonderful to see.



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

To my readers; Thank you for letting me share my worlds with you. I hope you enjoyed the ride, and I'll see you in the next one.



Where can people connect with you?

I'm only on Twitter: @IsabellaDeclan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown