Andrea interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Andrea, I currently reside in Sunny Central Florida where the weather never fails to keep us on our toes. I live happily in my little neck of the woods with my blended family and work passionately everyday to grow in any and all authors/readers communities!


When did your love of books begin?

It started in the 5th grade for me. Each month we’d read a new book as a class, out loud, everyone would read a chapter. It was the fantastic world of the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and the somber flow of Hatchet. And in the wild chapters of Maniac Magee that I feel in love with melting away into these worlds that the authors would create. It amazed me that my brain could vividly see the words play into a movie. I was hooked!


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I was thirteen when I wrote my first fictional story. It was about a frog who though he was a cat. His best friend was a worm and a crow his mortal enemy. I still have it and read it once in a while. When I do, I refuels my drive for writing.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

There is so much support on many different social media platforms with people ready and willing to help! Any question you could imagine or any hurdle you come across, there is always someone who has been there before and has the answer. Or at least a finger in the right direction along with support.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Do it! Don’t wait, just pick up a pen or jump on your computer and just do it! Let the words come out, even if they’re all misspelled while at the same time reminding you that you need a refresher on grammar. Go for it. Tell that story. Write about that world that keeps you up at night. Let everyone around you fall in love with the characters you’ve come up with. I assure you, once you come to the end of that first draft, the feeling that awaits you, you will remember for the rest of your life.


Tell us about your book/books:

Currently I’m working on publishing my Dystopian YA book. I’m in the very final stages before publishing. I was able to find an incredible book cover designer who created exactly what I wanted. I’m so pleased to finally be able to share my story with the world! To find out more about “ The Place Divided “ I urge you to visit my twitter account and follow so that you won’t miss the official release date along with other exciting news!


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

It’s like I said earlier, there are so many incredible people ready and willing to help. From Twitter to Facebook, the community is vast and knowledgeable and full of connections that will help you on your way. On my worst days, where I felt I should throw in the towel, my writing community was there to pick me up and remind me why I’m doing this.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

With every page you turn, I hope you fall so deep in love with the characters as I have. That the adventure that this book takes you on, may it keep you hungry and wanting more! Not just for my book but the stories that so many of us work hard to create and share. And may it also stir your own passions into existence!


Where can people connect with you?

I’m best found hanging out on Twitter! I love my #WritingCommunity answering questions and tweeting out helpful tips or questions to help engage anyone who thirsts for books!! I plan on branching out onto TicTok soon, and when I do all the info will be sitting happily on my Twitter account.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview