Susan Mackie interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Aussie author and publisher of small town, rural and outback romance - although recent reviewers tell me my books are more chic-lit, women's fiction with a touch of small town romance. I live in a small town in Queensland (with Bloke), grew up on a farm which I left at 18 to pursue a career in journalism, then publishing, small business and tourism.


When did your love of books begin?

From the moment I could read. I can remember my Mum asking me to 'get your nose out of that book' and do your chores.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

From the age of 8. Although my school career advisors told me I wouldn't make a living writing books and I should consider journalism.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

You'd think journalism would segue easily into becoming an author. But fiction writing is quite different from the structure of journalism. Work and family were priorities for many years and I didn't allow myself to follow my dream until the children were grown.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Start. Do it now. Don't wait for the perfect time. Make it happen. Allow yourself to follow your dream.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have three books out in the Barrington Series - Charlie's Will (Jan 2020), A Place to Start Over (Nov 2021) and Love in the Ragged Mountain Ranges - novella (first published JUne 2021 as part of Love in a Sunburnt Land anthology). They can be read as standalone novels, however characters from the first book and minor roles in the second. Charlie's Will is rural romance suspense and A Place to Start Over is small town romance / women's fiction. Books 1 & 2 have original watercolour paintings by @fionahayesart for their covers.





What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I'm astonished by the generous, supportive writing/reading community.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Enjoy, read anything/everything that interests you. Challenge yourself to a book outside your normal reading genre every now and again.


Where can people connect with you?

www.susanmackie.com

https://www.instagram.com/susanmackieauthor/

Susan Mackie Author | Facebook

https://twitter.com/susantyrrell1


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview