Crispy Confessions: As Told By A Hapa - our blog about their blog

Blog name: Crispy Confessions: As Told By A Hapa

Blog link:  www.crispyconfessions.com

Social media:  Pinterest (pinterest.com/crispyconfessions) | Twitter (@hhensell | Instagram (@helenhensell) | Facebook (facebook.com/crispyconfessions


A little introduction:

I am a 30 something millennial and multiracial blogger. I am the parent to two young multiracial children.  I am a self proclaimed chocoholic and coffee drinker.


What made you start your blog? 

I have been blogging (on and off) since blogging first became a thing back in 2003. I love writing and blogging is the perfect way for me to express myself. I started my blog crispyconfessions.com midway through 2020 during the pandemic because I was bored.


Where did the name for your blog come from?

I relaunched my blog in 2020 during the pandemic. But my blog was actually conceived back in 2015. I wanted a name that was short, sweet, and catchy. Because I am drawn to alliterative names, I knew that the words had to start with the same letter. And because I knew there would be opinions or confessions, I decided upon that word. And then, the hunt began for an adjective that started with ‘c’ until I landed upon ‘crispy.’


Which part of having the blog do you love most?

What I love the most about having my blog is that it is a platform that I can use to express myself with very few restrictions. Because it is my blog, I can say what goes and what doesn’t. I can write about almost anything without too much fear of being hated or rejected.


What do you love most about books?

What I love the most about books is that it allows me to escape the world for another world that sometimes is better, and sometimes not. Either way it allows me to see life through someone else’s perspective. When I read I can just forget about the outside world.


What genres do you blog about?

I write about a variety of different topics. I write about being mixed race and being the parent to multiracial children. I also give tips on how to take care of oneself. And of course I also write about writing and even blogging.


Where did the name for your blog come from? 

My favorite book is The Diary of a Young Girl, by Anne Frank. Anne Frank is one of the main reasons why I wanted to be a writer when I was a little girl. I was captivated by her young spirit, her resiliency and her hope despite the darkness that threatened her from outside as well as from within. She is the person that I look up to the most, and the person that I turn to when times get tough as a source of comfort.


What are your 3 top reads from the last year?

I haven’t read that many books this past year. But one book that I read recently is White Fragility. I read it in an attempt to understand more about race, and what it is like to be white in current American society. What I read was what I had known all along. This book merely served as a confirmation that it is easy to be white as they don’t have the additional baggage that other people in society face.

I will also admit that I am a self proclaimed Potterhead and have read the Harry Potter books a lot this year. I still love those books as much as I did when I first read them.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown