Carolyn Potts interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Carolyn Potts, I am 23 years old in the Philadelphia region. I am a yoga instructor, as well as an English, Health, and Fitness teacher. I enjoy all occult subjects which is where a lot of inspiration comes from when writing books. 


When did your love of books begin?

It was always there. I actually used to read my mother bedtime stories rather than the opposite. Though interestingly enough, I used to go to reading support in school because while I wasn’t “good” at it, I still kept on reading. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

This too was always a desire for as long as I could remember, but it wasn’t until age 10 when a family friend published her own book and thought to myself ‘Wait, you can do that?!’ And since then I knew I was going to publish a book. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I found it to be a lot slower than I anticipated. When you’re super excited it can be easy to get caught up in the ‘publish now’ mindset, but there’s so much in between finishing a story and publishing it to sort out. Every step, no matter how tedious, has been enjoyable. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

It’s timely, pricey, full of self doubt, but one hell of a ride and there’s no reason you shouldn’t do it. 


Tell us about your book/books:

It is a dystopian, sci-fi trilogy. If you’re interested in twisted spirituality, warped technology, and different perspectives then you’ll enjoy the Inside and Out series. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Everyone on any social media platform is extremely welcoming and they want to see you succeed. It’s really wonderful. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Don’t get too attached to my characters, they may not be who you think they are.


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter at Care_Author or Instagram at Carolyn_Rose_Potts, and I have a Podcast with helpful writing tips called Authors Anonymous that can be found on Spotify or YouTube 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview