Brian Fitzpatrick interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Brian Fitzpatrick, and I write sci-fi and horror for the page and the screen. My nanotech sci-fi trilogy, Mechcraft, has ranked 5-stars from Readers' Favorite. And my screenplays have placed quarterfinals in various competitions a total of 7 times.


When did your love of books begin?

As a child, I remember being obsessed with Where the Wild Things Are. Later on the Lord of the Rings consumed me. Then in my 20's my tastes turned to Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Dean Koontz.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Funny story. Imagine being just 7 years old and accidentally watching the horror classic, Night of the Living Dead.  After a week of sleepless nights, I became fascinated with the idea that I could be so scared, yet be perfectly safe.  My mom suggested I write out a story. I swiftly put pen to paper and have been creating horror and science fiction tales ever since. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

A challenging road filled with mayhem, bitter rejection, joyous triumphs, and a supportive community of fellow creatives. Early on I wrote short stories and a novel, but my love of cinema lured me to dedicate all my writing time to screenplays for many years. When I converted Mechcraft from a script to a novel, I got bitten by the prose bug once again, and ended up writing 3 novels in the series.



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Read a lot of books in the genre in which you want to write. Learn the rules and formatting. Let your imagination run wild. And once you are ready to show your work to the world and publish, then let hope and perseverance take over. In other words; never give up.


Tell us about your book/books:

My trilogy, Mechcraft, Mechcraft: Disruption, and Mechcraft: Cataclysm are set in modern day Los Angeles and center around a sentient shape-shifting nanotechnology that's embedded within the DNA of their human scientist hosts. 3 opposing groups of these gifted people wage a secret war in the city vying for control of the future of Mechcraft. Enter teen Jake London, the first person born with the nanotech already within him. The groups predict he will be a wildcard with powers never seen before, and Jake finds himself the unwitting linchpin in the war.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I have never felt as supported as when I'm in the community. We all know the struggles, and we share in each other's victories.



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

My one goal is to entertain. My hope is that my stories will provide hours of enjoyment and spark conversations beyond.


Where can people connect with you?

FB, IG, and Twitter as @authorbrianfitzpatrick

Author site: http://www.brianfitzpatrickbooks.com/

Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/Brian-Fitzpatrick/e/B0785ZNKXD


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown