Book review - The Bells of Christmas 2 by various authors

Book - The Bells of Christmas 2

Author - Various Authors

Rating - 


Review:

The Bells of Christmas 2 is a beautiful selection of short Christmas stories from Papillon du Père Publishing with all profits going to charity. Each story in this book I found to be great in their own way and as I sat considering how I would review this book I wrote down the 8 short stories and marking down how I scored each one, only to find that I scored each of them 5 stars.

I personally connected the most with The Last Christmas Gift by Derek McFadden and A Winter Candle by Bradley Harper as I found these both to be very much emotion evoking stories and written in a beautiful way.  The Bear's Last Word on the Matter by Will Knight is a very fun Christmas read which I found to be different from anything I'd read before but really did love.  The Sugar Plum Redux from Lilla Glass was an intriguing take on the world of dreams and something which I found to have a lovely flow and it felt both light in the telling yet darker in the theme of nightmares.  Calling us Home: An Irish Christmas by Maria O'Rourke felt very much like someone telling a personal account of what their Christmas times have been like growing up.  A Tintoretto of the Soul from Erol Engin sees how much words can mean to those writing them and looks at the idea of whether luck is a major part of the success and ultimately we determine what success actually looks like by the end of the story.  The book itself comes on the back of the original work that started this idea for the publisher, The Bells of Christmas by Bradley Harper and it is clear to see why the publisher decided that they needed to ensure this story was told and not missed out by readers.  Bradley Harper also has What Santa Taught Me, which is a personal tale from when he himself worked as a Santa.

This book is one which sees 100% of profits go to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and this is what drew me to this book but what I would say to anyone reading this is that the book is one which is truly worth reading and the fact you know you are also doing some good by reading it is an added bonus.


Comments

  1. I'm sure the authors will be very happy to read your kind words. I'm very pleased you enjoyed reading the stories as much as I enjoyed editing them 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was really impressive work and authors should all be very proud of themselves

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview