Ruth Tunnicliffe interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I have always been interested in facts, not fiction. I love real-life stories and am very interested in people. I think I only really started being interested in reading biographies and suchlike in my 30s. Up until then, I couldn't concentrate enough to read and a book has to draw me in immediately to be able to contemplate reading it.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I actually never thought I could do it. My book was almost written by mistake. I started writing in 2012 for cathartic reasons and it took me over 10 years to finish it.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It has been a healing process for me. I have lived with guilt and sadness over decisions I have been forced to make in my life and it has taken a great weight off my shoulders getting everything down on paper. I believe my book will inspire many other people and hope so very much.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

It is like an out-of-body experience when you write.  You are transported back to the places you write about so be prepared for that.  It can be painful at times but when you write your last line the feeling is amazing.  It is truly a very unique experience.  My advice would be DO IT!!!


Tell us about your book/books:

My book is a Memoir of my life. Written as I speak it is a very honest account of my life and the experiences I have been through. I was in a violent first marriage and was forced to leave my two young children and the guilt and pain associated with that. It is a very real story of survival and strength. It is about living in fear in your own home and domestic abuse and all that goes with that, guilt, sadness, strength and humiliation too.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the enthusiasm we share for our words and our belief in our books. It is an incredible achievement getting a book to a publisher and I feel privileged to be part of such an amazing community.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Please keep reading. I want nothing more than to inspire other people through my words and hope and pray that it helps somebody. I went through hell and thought I would never get through it at times but I am living proof that you can get through anything with determination and belief in yourself.


Where can people connect with you?

You can connect with me via DM on Twitter, you can email me via my website and all my social links are on there. If I can help anyone else escape from a toxic relationship I will. I am willing to do talks and inspirational speaking too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview