Naked Writing - our blog about their blog

Blog Name: Naked Writing 

Social Media: Twitter @nakedwriterblog and Instagram naked_writing_blog


A little introduction:

Hello Fellow Scribes! I’m so excited to be a part of the Feed My Reads community! I’m a professional playwright and author who also occasionally teaches in MFA programs between writing books and raising kids. I belong to an amazing interdisciplinary writers group called The Claw in Philadelphia, where I am based, and we were discussing the need for a writing blog that offers tips for writers across genres and modes. So I started one! And my friends at The Claw are contributing, too!


What made you start your blog? 

We realized that we benefited from mentorship and advice from more experienced writers when we were young, and we want to pass it along.


Which part of having the blog do you love most?

Getting notes that we’ve helped people!


Where did the name for your blog come from? 

Naked Writing came from the idea that most of us, in the writers group, feel that our best writing comes when we are willing to be emotionally and/or spiritually naked.


What do you love most about books? 

Ways of moving through the world which I never imagined, and which make my life richer by having read about them.


What genres do you blog about?

All genres, but primarily focused on narrative work, as that is all of our primary experience. If you write more experimental work, then this blog might be too narrative-focused for your taste. 


What are your favourite books?

A WRINKLE IN TIME, THEIR EYES WERE WATCHING GOD, THE COUNTRY BETWEEN US


What are your 3 top reads from the last year?

IN A DREAM HOUSE, OBIT, THE DAYS OF AFREKETE


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview