Caroline Rebisz interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi my name is Caroline Rebisz and I live in Wiltshire UK. I have a husband and cat called Elsie. My daughters have both grown up and left the nest. Having spent most of my career in financial services, I am now retired which gives me the time and opportunity to fulfill my dream of writing.


When did your love of books begin?

I have always loved to read since childhood. In fact, I wrote my first book when I was a teenager. Funnily enough I found that book recently when we moved house and whilst it is quite immature it was lovely to reread it. I read every day and when on holiday my family always moans about the number of books I take with us!


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I always wanted to write a book but work and family pressures got in the way. When I took early retirement I wrote my first novel just as a hobby. It's amazing how quickly you get sucked into wanting to do more. The thrill of seeing your work in print and reading lovely reviews is addictive. So now it's no longer a hobby. I'm currently writing my fourth book in 3 years.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I tried the traditional route of putting my work out to agents without success. Speaking to other authors I investigated KDP and haven't looked back. I have self-published two books so far and I do love the control I have over my work. The hardest part is the marketing side. It is so hard to get the reach without the backing of a traditional publisher. I am learning as I go which is exciting. As an independent writer you have a number of hats and some of them I have found more challenging to wear than others!


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Go for it. If you feel passionately enough about something you should never pass the moment by. Life is not a rehearsal so try to do what makes you happiest.


Tell us about your book/books:

My debut novel is A Mother's Loss which is based on our old house in Norfolk. The story alternates between modern times and Victorian times, weaving the experiences of two mother's who have lost a child. There is a ghostly side to the story but the main focus is on family life, love and loss.
My second novel is A Costly Affair. A psychological drama about a woman who meets a man on a train by chance. This meeting leads to an affair which goes on to wreak chaos on her life and her family. A story of deceit, revenge and secrets.
My third novel is a prequel to A Mother's Loss due out in 2022. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Meeting like minded writers and sharing experiences. I have met so many people over social media in the last year and everyone is so supportive of each other. Writing is a lonely business and the support you get from others really helps to keep you motivated. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for your support and don't forget to write a review. I never realised how important reviews were until I published. Now I review every book I read.


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter @Carolinerebisz
Facebook Caroline Rebisz Author


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview