Book review - Not Pretty Enough by Jaimie Admans

Book - Not Pretty Enough

Author - Jaimie Admans

Rating - 


Review:

This is not a book I would normally go for as I would categorize this as a coming of age teen book but I must say that I read through this and really found myself enjoying it a lot thanks to the excellent character work done by the author and her writing style enabling for a great flow that made character interactions feel very natural and realistic whilst not making for a boring book as a consequence. The story allows for plenty of moments where things go wrong for Chessie and she has hugely embarrassing incidents that make the reader feel real sympathy for her and for me this is something that shows the marks of a really well written book and something you can find missing from many of the books in this genre.
I think that this is a book that would be great for young teens who are going through the same stage of life as Chessie (where you feel like you are the only one who is different and like nobody understands you) as it feels like the kind of book that could have a real connection with people and as it is so close to life in many of the aspects it would help them to see others do go through this.
If you have never read anything by Jaimie Admans then why not give this a shot as it is a really excellent demonstration of an author at the top of their game.

This was a really great read and one I highly recommend people to try as it shows a great writer delivering a great story in style. The book would be perfectly aimed at the young teen market however I think it is a good one for parents (especially mothers) too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown